Before you finalize your rapid e-Learning courses, run through a quick checklist to guarantee that you included all necessary items and completed all processes for a successful online course. It’s easy to forget minor details or miss small edits; this checklist will hopefully help you avoid mistakes and catch any issues.
- Establish goals you want the course to accomplish for your learners
- Identify key points for the course
- Create the structure or use an instructional design model
- Write or obtain the learning materials based off course goals
- Have text professionally translated if needed
- Find all media and elements for your course
- Record any audio or video you plan to create yourself
- Storyboard or outline course
- Set up the technologies and programs needed to complete the course
- Make sure learners have access to these technologies
- Find the best rapid e-Learning software for your needs and your course
- Add your text, images, audio, video, Web windows, Flash animations, YouTube videos games, etc.
- Sync any media to text, video, slides, animations, etc.
- Insert any course transitions
- Include additional helpful resources for further learning
- Enable social learning with links to discussion boards, chats, forums, etc.
- Assess knowledge and/or check learner progress through the course with quizzes and knowledge checks
Preview & Edit - Ask the following questions about your e-Learning course to guarantee accuracy and efficiency. It may be best to have someone with “fresh eyes” look at the course for an objective point of view.
- Does the course flow logically?
- Is the terminology appropriate for the skill and experience level of the learners?
- Is all text accurate, in the correct format and free of typos?
- Are all text, objects and media an optimal font size and color for easy viewing?
- Does the course maintain consistent color, style, imagery, language, etc.?
- Does the course have all the necessary elements to meet the goals of the training established during planning?
Publish & Test – It may be best to have multiple testers to guarantee functionality.
- Publish and test all functionality using the same technologies and programs your learners will use (LMS, Web browsers, CD, etc.)
- Ensure the technologies are not too difficult for learners to use with their technological experience in mind
- Check all buttons and hyperlinks for functionality
- Make sure course navigation works properly
- Check that your audio, video, etc. is synced properly
- Test Flash animations, video, audio, Web windows and all other media for functionality
- Secure approval from all appropriate team members and parties involved in the e‑Learning course creation and delivery
- Use free online course review tools such as Snap! Live or ReviewLink™ for easy review with your team.
- Snap! by Lectora® users: Use Snap! Live (under the Publish options) to host your rapid e-Learning course for review. Snap! Live creates a unique URL to send to all team members that contains your entire, fully functional Snap! by Lectora course.
- Lectora® users: Use ReviewLink to publish Lectora courses directly to the cloud to easily gather comments and feedback.
Do you have items you’d like to add to the rapid e-Learning checklist? Post your items in the comment section below and the checklist will update shortly!