Lectora Desktop 16.1
April 15, 2016
Lectora Inspire 16.1 (10520)
Lectora Publisher 16.1 (10519)
Make sure you meet the following system requirements before you install Lectora:
- Intel® or AMD® class processor
- 500MB free RAM
- 1GB free hard disk space for the application
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.0 SP1 (required to install Camtasia Studio®)
- A monitor with a minimum resolution of 1024x768
Lectora runs on the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows® XP
- Microsoft Windows Vista®
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Microsoft Windows 10
Camtasia and Snagit - included with Lectora Inspire - only support Windows 7 and higher.
Courses created for the web require Internet Explorer® 8.0 or newer or any version of Mozilla Firefox™, Google Chrome™ or Apple Safari®. For Internet Explorer, version 10 or newer is needed to support the full use of the shadow, rotation, opacity and reflection effects.
Titles published for offline use can be written to external media such as CD-ROMs and Flash drives and require one of the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Download the appropriate file:
- Double-click the .exe file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Lectora Inspire 16.1 (Inspire_Install_v16.1.exe)
- Lectora Publisher 16.1 (Publisher_Install_v16.1.exe)
Lectora 16.1 is available for download in the following languages:
English, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, French, German, Spanish, Swedish
Lectora Inspire 16.1 and Lectora Publisher 16.1 include the following updates and fixes:
The new features in Lectora 16.1 are:
- Test result pages are customizable and may be used in Responsive titles
- Audio and video use HTML5-based players and allow layering of objects on top
- Improved bullet and numbered list handling
- Improved Likert question creation and editing
- Use multi-select to apply Text Scaling in RCD titles
- 50 Additional status indicator objects
To accommodate these features the title file format has changed from 16.0/16.0.1/16.0.2. Titles opened with this 16.1 release will no longer be compatible with these previous versions. If you are sharing titles with colleagues/clients, please be aware that you must all be using 16.1 to maintain compatibility.
- Bullets / Numbered List Changes: Newly created text blocks will have improved bullets and numbered list logic applied. Existing texts blocks will not be affected. To apply new improvements, turn off bullets/numbering for the text block and then re-apply.
- HTML5 A/V Player:
- Existing Flash-based custom skins will no longer work with new HTML5 player. Convert or recreate them as HTML5 skins. (See Information Center.)
- When video is viewed full-screen on iOS devices the device’s default skin is used. Lectora does not have control.
- Closed captions will work, however any special text styling within the XML file will not function. This will be resolved shortly with support of newer caption formats.
- Closed captions will not work on iPhones or iPads.
- Likert Questions: Existing Likert questions will be converted to new Likert (single) question objects. Existing Likert questions saved within library objects or imported from package files cannot be converted. They will not lose functionality.
- Test Results:
- Display results in Pop-up window is no longer valid. Results will be an in-line page within the title. Please check your inheritance and navigation to/from the results page (especially inherited "Back" buttons).
- Titles with Customized Test Results enabled will have those results pages converted to the new Results object. Checkbox settings will be retained. Custom styling of text (fonts, colors, sizes) will not be retained. Use the Results Designer to apply text styling.
Issues fixed in this release:
|Print current page prints 3 pages in IE|
|LD-2251||Questions do not move/resize at phone/portrait view|
|LD-2352||Resource Manager shows that objects are being used by 5 objects, one for every view.|
|LD-2398||RCD Phone view background image that inherits from a tablet override does not tile appropriately|
|LD-2465||(LD-2676) Shifting Images and buttons; Positions different in Run/Preview and Browsers|
|LD-2477||After adding an image, for example, then switching to a lower view and then clicking on Reset to Original Size and then clicking on Undo you will be taken back and forth between the views indefinitely.|
|LD-2487||Certain reserved variables not working when used inline in a text block|
|LD-2492||Importing a LO package file with Status Indicators - In progress and Not started are flipped|
|LD-2495||"Wrap text" option not saved with Layouts|
|LD-2506||Objects completely off page in RCD parent view should be completely off page in child view.|
|LD-2515||RCD: Resource & Variable Managers buttons on ribbon stay disabled when closed while viewing non-desktop|
|LD-2519||Reset Overrides not working for drop-down Table of Contents|
|LD-2525||Opening v12 title in v16 causes 'The parameter is incorrect' error|
|LD-2544||Some Themes have buttons that display off the page in phone portrait|
|LD-2560||Title transitions causes page to not fully load for portrait views|
|LD-2571||Improved eLearning Brothers user account setup|
|LD-2582||Preview of eLearning Brothers templates for RCD show as blank|
|LD-2688||Background sounds not playing in preview in browser|
|LD-2739||IOS Safari when published with Include Title Manager Frame, device rotation messes up scaling|
|LD-2866||Status Image Resource Edit Buttons Open Incorrect File|
In non-Edit modes some shapes are slightly cut off at the bottom
When using Verdana and the "Wrap Text" setting, text blocks containing bullets have alignment and bullet size issues
Text with bullets that are not initially visible will not display bullets in IE8
Shapes show in run mode much smaller, and parts are cut off
Frameless TOCs not expanding in Run Mode
Menu images not present when published
Issues with converting videos to mp4
Crash when using List Box with Allow Multiple Selections
Reflection Not Displaying Connected to Bottom of Status Indicator & Shape Objects When Viewed In RCD Phone Portrait & Landscape Views
Text block with wrap text set and around an image doesn't resize properly in lower views
Page growth calculation not correct with Wrapped text in RCD views
Library objects that include a status indicator loses the in-progress and not started images
Editing List-box with multiple initial values selected can cause crash.
YouTube videos not sized correctly
Callout shapes don't have the reflection in proper place when flip or rotated
Audio File/Player Missing ALT Tag
Text not displaying in shapes with image fills in Run Mode and Publish
Texture and image fills for shapes are broken in Run Mode and Publish
Shapes changed from texture or image fill to solid color fill still display texture fill in Run Mode and publish
Highlighted text does not display as highlighted on RCD course
Audio Controllers set to be Initially Hidden in an RCD title display when the page loads
(LD-2622) IOS Safari - Web Windows missing scroll bar or do not scroll
Videos that are initially hidden and using auto play properties don't work when used together
Frameless TOC background color does not expand with TOC.
Video with no controller - once stopped it can't be started on iPhone
Audio controller does not fully display on iPhone
Transparent Buttons do not transition in
Crash when publishing a text block as an image with (pVAx) inside the block
Adjustment handles not working for block arrows
Margins added to text will not use margin on the right side
Margins and font % used together causes text to exceed text block
Shapes with image fill no longer work when previewed/published
Margin not showing correctly on Mobile devices
Several YouTube property issues
Buttons not working, in IE11, when with they are in a nested group
Initially Hidden Bullet List in WCAG title, bullets do not show in IE8
Crash when setting a web window height/width to 0
YouTube video player displays at default size; does not honor set size
When numbered list gets to 10, a larger indent is added between the number and text
Shapes and buttons with no actions, no ALT tags highlight as clickable objects
Send Email Action terminates Run View and Preview
Step Progress bar backwards will go below the progress bar minimum
Progress bar steps incorrectly if progress is set to a variable
Trigger name for Device Rotate is not found in non-English language builds
IOS Safari - Change Contents of text blocks, affect question’s text font size
OnDone/OnShow actions attached to videos do not work in Chrome.
OnDonePlaying actions work on iOS devices but not on Android devices
Form objects don't display background color in RCD titles
Custom Radio Buttons cannot be selected when question text has an apostrophe
RCD - WCAG, matching question using images not working in IE10
iOS rendering of page size is not correct when zooming. Safari and Chrome
EMF files (e.g. charts) are distorted on publish
Do not publish button state image when opacity set to 0
Button Objects shift location to be one pixel below where they are in edit mode.
RCD: Browser will download resources on rcd views that don't use it.
RCD: publish content on scorm cloud wrong size (zoomed out)
Transparent buttons in WCAG title are publishing out an absolute path to image.
iPhone portrait view displays longer pages at bottom of screen
HTML Content “Zoomed-In” when Published to ReviewLink
Safari is jumping to bottom of long pages
HTML Content Pushed Right in Safari
Publishing to ReviewLink getting error "This file is too large to publish to Reviewlink.”
NON-RCD title in scormcloud and on IOS scrolled down. (LD-2659 fixed for RCD titles)
Please see our website for Known Issues with this release.