Lectora 12 Release
Current version for Lectora Publisher: v12.0.0 (9609)
Current version for Lectora Inspire: v12.0.0 (9610)
Lectora 12 is available in the following languages:
- Brazilian Portuguese
Make sure you meet the following system requirements before you install Lectora:
- Intel® or AMD® class processor
- 500MB free RAM
- 1GB free hard disk space for the application
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.0 SP1 (required to install Camtasia Studio® and Flypaper™)
- A monitor with a minimum resolution of 1024x768
Lectora runs on the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows® XP
- Microsoft Windows Vista®
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 8
Camtasia and Snagit - included with Lectora Inspire - only support Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Courses created for the web require Internet Explorer® 8.0 or newer or any version of Mozilla Firefox™, Google Chrome™ or Apple Safari®. For Internet Explorer, version 10 or newer is needed to support the full use of the new shadow, rotation, opacity and reflection effects.
Titles published for offline use can be written to external media such as CD-ROMs and Flash drives and require one of the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 8
Updated Inspire Tools
- Snagit 12 and Camtasia 8.4
Enhanced Content Development Capabilities
- Place objects outside page boundaries
- Text character shadowing
- Improved Guide handling
- Publishing for offline use
Objects and Actions
- Object adorners and handles on shapes, images, and text buttons
- Rotation and Mirroring group for shapes, images, and text button objects
- Edit properties of Twitter Feed and RSS Feed objects
- Border style for shapes, images, buttons, and text blocks
- Opacity for shapes, images, buttons, and text blocks
- Shadow and reflection shapes, images, buttons, and text blocks
- Image cropping
- Star and callout shapes
- Text within shapes
- Switch shape types
- Gradient, texture fill, and picture fill for buttons and shapes
- Button one-click insert
- Create buttons in any shape
- Customizable button states - Normal, Over, Down, and Disabled
- Set State action for buttons
- Change the style and edit the source type and URL address of Web Windows
- Web-based Run and Preview mode
- Text buttons will no longer resize when using other than 100% zoom after switching from Preview mode.
- Test will now be placed inside of the AU when using the Design Wizard to create a title.
- Modifying variable names in form fields will now trigger the save button in Lectora.
- Submit to Google Drive has been updated to function correctly for Tests, Forms and Surveys.
- Custom images for radio buttons & check boxes will print from a web-based publish.
Web Accessibility (Section 508/WCAG)
- Screen readers will no longer announce placeholder images in the Table of Contents.
- Screen readers will now only read question text once.
- Buttons with empty tags will not be read by screen readers.
- Find/Replace will now search the Else action, Display Message question feedback and Modify Variable Value fields.
- Spell Check will identify misspelled words in Display Message question feedback.
- The Translation Tool will now include text in the Change Contents action.
- Audio with speaker icons can now be initially hidden when published to HTML.
- An indented Table of Contents with Status Indicators has been fixed to work when published on a page where a drop-down Table of Contents is present.
- Status indicators will not be affected when the option to use short ID page names is used.
- Grouped status indicators have been fixed to work correctly.
- When adding lines or shapes using Windows 8.1, the screen will no longer turn black.
Tests and Questions
- Fixed a bug where Drag and Drop text drag items could not be dragged if you have scrolled in Internet Explorer.
- Matching questions will now display matching lines when placed over objects in Run or Preview mode.
- Fixed an issue where Number entry questions were always reverting back to 4 max characters.
- Reset question actions no longer reset all entry fields on the current page.
- Drag and drop questions with Show Drop Zone Outline will no longer overlay Lightbox pop-up windows.
- Fixed an issue where Drag and Drop questions may not score correctly if drop item names begin with the same characters.
- Fixed an issue with Multiple Response questions with commas in the answer when used with the “Is Correct“ action condition.
- Fixed an issue where changing a question type from Multiple Response to Multiple Choice caused incorrect scoring of tests.
- Editing a question with Max Attempt Feedback will no longer remove the action.
- More than 5 Drag Item Images can now be added for Drag and Drop questions.
- The Drop Zone outline will now be initially hidden if the property is set on the question.
- Actions for events no longer only work once in Preview and Run mode.
- Fixed an issue where publishing progress bars with default images was causing resource IDs to increment, causing an LMS to treat the published course as a new title.
- The Protect Content publish option has been fixed.
- Lightbox pop-ups will no longer exceed the width of a smartphone or iPhone.
- Fixed an issue with the tincanwrapper.js used in the xAPI publish.
- Updated xAPI publish when using multiple assignable units.
- Swipe Left/Right actions will now function correctly on scrollable pages viewed on an Android device.
- When launched from an LMS on iOS, a bug has been fixed so OnMouseClick Actions on an image work on all pages of the title.