Snap!: Discontinued October 31, 2016
Support for Snap! will be discontinued on October 31, 2016. This will allow Trivantis to focus on development and support for our core products—Lectora, ReviewLink, and CourseMill. By focusing on these core products, we can continue empowering our customers to create the best possible eLearning.
If you currently have Snap! and want to buy more licenses, you can do so; however, Trivantis is no longer supporting the product. Snap! Live will also be discontinued.
If you have questions about Snap!, we put together some knowledge base and troubleshooting articles for customers to help you resolve common issues.
Why is support for Snap! being discontinued?
Snap! is a Flash product. Because most browsers have moved away from Flash, there's now less support for Flash and Flash products like Snap!
Snap! is not compatible with newer versions of Microsoft PowerPoint and Office 365. See the section below for compatibility details.
Compatibility With Different Versions of Microsoft PowerPoint
Snap! version 1.4 will work with the 32-bit version of Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 or 2013.
- It will not work with a 64-bit version of Microsoft PowerPoint.
- It will not work with Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 or Office 365.
You can find out which version of Microsoft PowerPoint you have installed by:
- Opening PowerPoint
- Clicking the File menu
- Choosing Help
- Your product information will be on the right of the screen:
- Snap! version 1.4 will work with the 32-bit version of Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 or 2013. It will not work with a 64-bit version of Microsoft PowerPoint. It will not work with Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 or Office 365.
- After you have the snap_setup_1_4.exe file downloaded (it should be 24.2MB), right-click on snap_setup_1_4.exe and choose "Run as Administrator" from the Context Menu.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
Snap! requires 2 files for each Snap project:
- .PPT or PPTX, the PowerPoint file
- .GPKG, the Snap package file
The 2 source files (PPTX & GPKG) must remain together in the same location on your hard drive.
If you move one of the files and not the other, Snap may lose the connection between the two files and your project will become corrupted. Once the project is corrupted, it cannot be restored. Always make sure both files are present before opening a Snap project to work on it.
How-tos, Videos, and Examples
We have articles in the Trivantis Community to help you integrate Snap! content into Lectora, publish Snap! to an LMS, create a quiz, use audio/video, and more. Visit the Community to see these resources and join discussion threads with other members:
Error - Maximum Number of Registrations Has Been Exceeded
If you receive this error when installing Snap!, it means you've previously installed Snap! with the same license key.
A Snap! license key can only be installed on one computer, for one user at a time. If you are upgrading your computer, if your IT department needs to "wipe" your computer, or you get a new computer, you will need to uninstall Snap to release the license key.
During the uninstall process, Snap! will notify you when the license key is successfully released:
After the license key is released, you can reinstall Snap on your upgraded or new computer.
If you are unable to uninstall Snap! because your computer hard drive crashed, the computer has already been collected by IT, or it was wiped, you will need to purchase a new license key.
Error - Snap! Is Missing From PowerPoint
Sometimes you might find that your Snap! ribbon is not displayed in PowerPoint. No need to worry…in a few easy steps you’ll be back creating great Snap content.
1. Open the Options menu from the File tab.
2. Select “Add-Ins”.
3. In the Add-Ins window you will see Active, Inactive, and Disabled Add-Ins. Look to see where both “Snap” and “Snap Ribbon” are located.
4. If “Snap” and “Snap Ribbon” are located in the “Disabled” section click the drop down at the bottom of the window, select “Disabled Items”, and then click “Go…”. If “Snap” and “Snap Ribbon” are located in the “Inactive” section please skip to Step 6.
5. After clicking “Go…” you will be prompted with the disabled add-ins. Select the Snap Add-in and click “Enable”.
6. If “Snap” and “Snap Ribbon” are located in the “Inactive” section click the drop down at the bottom of the window, select “COM Add-ins”, and then click “Go…”.
7. This will show you all inactive add-ins. Select the boxes beside both “Snap” and “Snap Ribbon” and click “OK”.
8. That’s it. Now you can continue using Snap. Enjoy!
The following is a list of all the current “Error Codes” that can be display in the error windows. The error windows are displayed whenever a Snap logical process is aborted by the underlying system process (an exception). The “Problem Area” refers to the process that was taking place when the error occur.
Error Code Problem Area
10100 - UKNOWN
10101 - IMPORTNARRATION
10102 - SYNCNARRATION
10103 - RECORDAUDIO
10104 - RECORDVIDEO
10105 - PRESENTATIONOPTIONS
10106 - SLIDEEXPLORER
10107 - VIEWERDLG
10108 - YOUTUBEDLG
10109 - WEBWNDDLG
10110 - ATTACHMENTSDLG
10111 - DLGNARRATIONEDITOR
10112 - DLGPUBLISH
10113 - DLGQUIZCREATOR
10114 - EXPORTTOLECTORA
10115 - EXPORTTOZIP
10116 - CREATEAUTORUN
10117 - FLASHPUBLISH
10118 - FLASHPREVIEW
10119 - GETPOWERPOINTBUILD
10120 - ISSUPPORTMP3
10121 - GETSCRIPTMASK
10122 - GETSCRIPTMASK_DISSOLVE
10123 - GETSCRIPTMASKX
10124 - ANI_MEDIA2
10125 - LOADFROMRESOURCE
10126 - LOADFROMRESOURCE2
10127 - DLGTHREAD
10128 - GETCOURSEMANIFEST
10129 - GETVARIABLES
10130 - GETOBJECTIVEINTERACTIONIDS
10131 - GETCOURSEATTRIBUTE
10132 - GETTHUMBNAIL
10133 - OPENPROJECT
10134 - SETSOURCEPATH
10135 - CGORDONBASE
10136 - SAVETEMPORARYPRES
10137 - SETWINDOWSDEFAULTDEVICE
10138 - CONVERTMOVIECLIP
10139 - CONVERTMOVIECLIP2
10140 - CONVERTQUIZ
10141 - CONVERT_SF
10142 - CONVERT_SF2
10143 - STORETOXML
10144 - LOADLOGOLIST
10145 - STORELOGOLIST
10146 - STOREPRESENTERLIST
10147 - STOREPUBSTRINGSLIST
10148 - LOADPUBSTRINGS
10149 - STOREPUBSTRINGS
10150 - STORESLIDELIST
10151 - PROCESSARROWKEYS
10152 - BUILD
10153 - TIMELINE_INIT
10154 - INSERTSWFOBJ
10155 - LOADSNAPEMPOWER
10156 - LAST
Questions about getting started? Drop us a line to find out more!
Send us an email to start chatting with an account rep.