Learn what you need to get started with CourseMill Learning Management System (LMS)
CourseMill Tech Specs
Languages Supported: CourseMill is available in the following languages:
- English · French · German
- Spanish · Brazilian (Portuguese) · Mandarin (Chinese)
- Hungarian · Polish
CourseMill LMS Web Servers:
- Apache 2.2 on Windows Server 2008 or higher (64-bit, x86) or Linux (preferred), Microsoft IIS version 8 on Windows Server 2008 or higher (64-bit x86)
- For Java Server Pages support, CourseMill operates with the following application servers: Apache Tomcat 8.X and JDBC 4.2. Requires Java 8.0 with Servlet (JSP) 3.0 or higher. (Note: CourseMill does not support the use of cPanel.)
- CourseMill installers come with the Tomcat web application server software, Apache web server software and JDBC drivers. No additional third party software required for purchase. The software is updated as new versions of the products become publicly available.
Minimum Installation Requirements:
- Processor: Intel XEON E3-based servers
- Processor Speed: 3.7 GHz
- Operating System: Windows 2008 or higher (64-bit, x86) or Linux (preferred)
- Web Server: Requires support for Java Server Pages (JSP 2.x & JRE 5 or higher) and Apache Tomcat 8.X
- Database: JDBC connected to MySQL 5.x or SQL Server 2008 R2 or higher
- Disk Space: 800 MB free hard drive space for system files
- Memory: 16 GB RAM or greater (32 GB preferred on the database box if load exceeds 20,000 users; 64 GB if load exceeds 50,000 users)
- Single Web Server (1): Stand-alone server or blade server meeting minimum specifications (above). Used for 1 - 20,000 users if concurrent users are 1000 - 2000.
- Multiple Web Servers (2-5): Stand-alone server or blade server meeting minimum specifications (above). Used for 20,000 - 50,000 users if concurrent users exceed 2001. Add either a software load balancing package or a separate server for load balancing.
- Database Server: Stand-alone server configured for transaction processing. Must include a nightly back-up routine preferably to a separate storage server. Back-up software is at the option of the customer.
*Installation requirements are general guidelines for CourseMill installation and operation only. Requirements do not include memory and bandwidth needed for user or course capacity. The number of users which can be supported on CourseMill is completely dependent upon the memory and bandwidth capacity of the host server. CourseMill uses minimal system overhead and is scalable to meet the capacity to which the host server is configured.
- Plan for 50 MB per course, 100 MB if the courses will be video or audio heavy, and provide enough storage space for up to 50 courses per year for the life of the server. Increase space requirements if pre-built content packages are purchased.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or greater · Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome · Apple Safari
Ecommerce Support: CourseMill’s optional ecommerce/shopping cart feature supports:
- Pay Pal
e-Learning Standards: CourseMill is compliant with SCORM and AICC standards for interoperability:
- The Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM)
- The Aviation Industry CBT (Computer-Based Training) Committee (AICC)